Friday, May 29, 2009

Live in the moment

How would you respond when you are said that don’t buy that it’s useless and will not be of use for a long term. Save money don’t waste it, save it for future.

What is future!!! Do you know your future, does anyone know his or her future!! I don’t think so, its undecided, then why do you want to live on the foundation of uncertainty??

I told my wife that in our house I want to have a box built in the wall for flat screen television like a movie screen but she said keeping the television in the wall is not long term thought; we might not utilize it after sometime. A serious question pops up in my head, what is this long term planning??? 

Long term planning is not doing precisely what you want to do but doing it in a method that it will lessen maintenance price tag, I really hate the idea. If all my life I waited to have a private theatre space and now I can’t do it just because it will not yield anything good for long term!!! 

What this long term has given to anyone anyways!! After 10 years when you will loose all your passion to do things and you will be with 2-3 kids then everything will become stand still and there will be no time to do anything else in life.

So what are you living for, don’t you deserve to do anything with your own money!! My mother says save money save money ... for what!!! If I want to buy a nice phone or iPhone or Play station or foreign trip I have to think 10000 times before because it is stuffed in my mind from childhood that whatever you do think of a long term use.... and as result I did not buy many things because they were not useful for long-standing!!!



Why is it essential to think of long term in everything!! Why are you working hard to make that money and not working hard to spend it, I don’t say that spend every single penny but don’t be scared to acquire your dreams with that money, you might not get it after today :-)

So live in today not tomorrow, live in the moment 

8 comments:

Piyush said...

I second these thoughts.

Piyush said...

I second these thoughts.

Anonymous said...

if u want to mount it on wall, go ahead...and buy a 5.1 and install it..take ur wife, and show her a movie..
i was also having similar experiences, and whenever i want to buy(with my hard-earned money) i will postpone it (due to many reasons, some of them u already cited)..
it's a question of postponing ur happiness, pirsuits, interests (for the sake of saving money, long term interests ?)...so wht's the result?.. u lose ur "present"...ur happiness.

just a quote..."think wisely, take ur decision and spend (read drink) wisely)

Anonymous said...

Fully agreed..
Just do what you want to do.It's like following your heart and we only can be happy when we do what we want to do.
I won't say that it's practically right but who cares as long as we are happy.
I'm not a perfect example of this thing but will soon prove this theory.

Come On Sunshine said...

Life is too short to think about longterm goals...it was and still is 'a story of today, tomorrow and yesterday'

Ashutosh Kumar Bhawasinka said...

fully agreed!

I am also in the same situation :)

Ashok said...

According to me the issue you discuss is very small..you r suppose to go ahead.. But proper management of your money is very essential...

Goblet Pumpkin said...

confusion..confusion.....but one has to find a way....nd at the end of the day..it u who ll decide...be happy!!!