Friday, October 26, 2018

Emirates, Hell on Sky


Hi,
  Here’s my horrible travel experience with Emirates and I am definitely not travelling in Emirates again FOR SURE,

12th Oct 2018 (EK 148)
  • I had my flight booked for India via Dubai at 15:20 
  • I reached airport 3 hours earlier to find out that it has been delayed and new scheduled time is 18:30 (Delay of more than 3 hours)
    • I was given 15 euros for food and that’s it.
  • Due to this delay I was definite to miss my connecting flight and I was told that I will only find out about my connecting flight once I reach Dubai.
  • I went shopping at duty free and bought 2 Ltr of Liquor.
  • Around 18:00 Emirates started issuing the boarding passes to the adjusted next flights, mine was at 13:45 on 13th Oct 2018, 12 hours later then my originally scheduled connection.
  • Flight took off only at 19:00 from Schiphol


13th Oct 2018 (EK 566 @ 13:45, Original EK 564 @ 03:20)
  • ·       Flight landed at 03:00
  • ·       We were all given hotels and we were given transportation to hotel, all good so far
  • ·       Morning I got ready to go to the airport
  • ·       Reached Airport at around 12:00
  • ·       I was stopped at security for carrying 2 ltr liquor, not because of the country but permissible limit is 100 ml
  • ·       I told I am transit passenger but I was shooed away from security.
  • ·       I went to Emirates counter and I was told following,
    •    Why did you go out ?
    •    You are not allowed to carry more than 100 ml in plane
    •    We can’t do anything in this
    •    You should have known

I should have known. How? Do you think I go-in-delayed-flight-while-being-in-transit-and-shop-for-alcohol-on-previous-airport so much that I should have known about this??? Couldn’t your staff had checked at least once before getting us out of the airport about this? The amount of insensitivity I felt, it broke me inside to hate Emirates so much that I can’t even begin to explain.

And lastly, I received my bag completely broken and absolutely unusable. Thanks for scarring my memories for a very long time.

On top of that, I have raised 3 complaints on Emirates website and there’s just no response !!

No comments: